Did you know that one in six Australians suffer from some degree of hearing loss?
By 2050, this is expected to increase to one in four.
Over exposure not only contributes to work place accidents and fatigue, hearing loss costs $11.75 billion annually in lost productivity.
Click here to download our noise assessment checklist to see if there is a problem with noise at your workplace.
OUR AIM: PREVENT HEARING LOSS AT THE WORKPLACE
We provide essential services for the prevention of noise damage to workers’ hearing in accordance with Occupational Health & Safety Noise Regulations (2017).
Our Hearing Conservation Services Include:
♦ ON SITE INDUSTRIAL NOISE SURVEY
♦ NOISE MAPPING
♦ PERSONAL EXPOSURE CALCULATION
♦ CUSTOM MOULDED NOISE PROTECTION (PPE)
It is the employer’s responsibility to take steps to protect workers’ hearing as well as meet legal OH&S obligations.
It is the employee’s responsibility to comply with the safety rules including the proper use and maintenance of their hearing protection.
Contact us to discuss how we can help you meet your responsibilities.
PROBLEM – NOISE
- Noise damages hearing – this damage can be irreversible
- There is no treatment for noise damage to hearing
- As well as hearing loss, excessive noise causes tinnitus
- There is no treatment for tinnitus
Studies show noise can cause non-auditory damage in the cardio-vascular, endocrine, metabolic, gastro-intestinal and neurological systems.
Performance in reading, writing and listening tasks are also affected by noise, as is concentration. It is harder to communicate and receive information in loud environments.
Productivity in workplaces can be affected if there is excessive noise, especially if employees suffer from noise induced hearing loss.
- Quieter working environment- machines, equipment, work activities
- Isolate worker’s from the noise source
- Hearing protection if 1 & 2 is not achievable
ESSENTIALS OF A HEARING CONSERVATION PROGRAM:
- Training of employers and workers
- Noise exposure measurements
- Regular biannual audiometric hearing screening (in cases where hearing protection is required)
- Follow up diagnostic audiological examinations for those workers who failed* the audiometric screening
*an employee who displays a hearing threshold shift in either ear, that deteriorates by 15dB or more in any one of these frequencies, 3 KHz, 4KHz & 6KHz
PERMISSIBLE EXPOSURE TIME GUIDELINES − SOUND PRESSURE LEVEL – SPL
How long can a person endure a certain noise level before hearing impairment occurs?
|Sound Pressure Level||Permissible Exposure Time|
|115 dB||0.46875 minutes (~30 sec)|
|112 dB||0.9375 minutes (~1 min)|
|109 dB||1.875 minutes (< 2 min)|
|106 dB||3.75 minutes (< 4 min)|
|103 dB||7.5 minutes|
|100 dB||15 minutes|
|97 dB||30 minutes|
|94 dB||1 hour|
|91 dB||2 hours|
|88 dB||4 hours|
|85 dB||8 hours|
|82 dB||16 hours|
Noise Exposure Standard in Victoria: 85dBA noise level for 8 hours and peak noise level 140dBC. For every 3dB above this, the duration of exposure is halved, eg.
If the noise level is 88dBA, the maximum duration a worker may work is 4 hours. The appropriate attenuation rating of a hearing protector will result in keeping the exposure below the standard.
You can prevent hearing loss at your workplace by utilising our below services-
- Free onsite quoting
- On-site industrial Noise survey’s – including personal noise exposure dosimetry (dosebadge, exposure calculations) reporting
- Biannual onsite audiometric hearing testing/screening. We come to you in our clean, air conditioned, fully soundproofed van, preventing disruptions to productivity.
- Onsite ear impression service for custom moulded hearing protection.
- On site employer/employee noise conservation and noise exposure training
NoiseGuard was previously a part of Hearlink – NoiseGuard has continued all previous services.
With over 3 decades of experience in the industry and a sound audiological background, our testers are trained and professional.
NoiseGuard offers a full range of hearing protection, designed for all industries, soft medical grade hypo-allergenic silicone products (industry/recreation/shooting/sleep/swim).
As well as Full On Site Hearing Screening Service (in accordance with Noise Regulations, 2017), On Site Noise Survey Evaluations and sound mapping reporting using Class 1, Sound Analyser & Bruel & Kjaer Dosimeters (personal exposure calculation).
SERVICING: VIC & NSW
For all other locations Australia wide please contact our main office (Sydney).
Contact Us For all industrial on site hearing services quotes.
For all Melbourne quotes and/or appointments please call us on (03) 9084 7477
For all Sydney quotes and/or appointments please call (02) 9157 2491
or email us at: